Sales Administrator Vacancy
Main Purpose of Job
- To ensure the efficient
administration of all New and Used Vehicles for the Dealership Car Sales
Department within the defined operating policies.
- To provide secretarial assistance as required to the Sales Manager and Sales Staff.
- To complete and process all vehicle orders to VCUK in line with direction from Sales Manager.Ensure the accuracy of orders against current specification codes for standard and factory fitted equipment.Monitor continuously vehicle availability and transit to dealership.
- Collate and record all new vehicle delivery information.Create files for all new vehicles into stock showing all vehicle details (Color, Chassis No., Specification, Date of Delivery, etc.); create stock cards for all new vehicles, display unit, demonstrators etc.
- On completion of vehicle sale ensure routing of documentation to all appropriate departments.
- Arrange Registration and Vehicle Excise Licenses for all sold vehicles.Arrange and maintain a supply of registration numbers - raise cheque requisitions and progress their authorisation for payment of vehicle excise licenses; request and complete Forms V55 for each vehicle; ensure forms and payments are processed in a timely manner to supply log books and tax discs for vehicles as required.
- Prepare and complete all sales invoices in a timely manner. Check for accuracy on prices, tax and non revenue items.Ensure routing to appropriate department.Input appropriate information into computer system.
- Create and maintain all Used car Stock Cards, and Stock Records, showing Vehicle Details, Written Down Values and Excess Allowances.Maintain Records up to date showing Retail Vehicles, Trade Vehicles and reconditioning costs.
- Provide secretarial assistance as required to the Sales Manager and Sales Staff including making appointments, typing correspondence and answering telephones.
- Maintain calenderised record of all tax renewals for Company Demonstrators to ensure timely renewal.
- To support and promote dealership and Volvo philosophy of Customer Care seeking ways of progressing Customer Satisfaction and CS rating at all times.
- To comply with all company rules and regulations, following procedures and guidelines laid down by Volvo standards.
- To participate in Dealership and Volvo support and promotional programmes as required
- To maintain corporate identity at all times including:
a) The wearing of Volvo or Bells Corporate Career wear
b) Showroom presentation.
- Be prepared to undertake hours to suit the business.
- To participate in personal development by attending internal and external training courses as directed by management.
If you would like to apply for the sales administrator role at Northampton, please email a copy of your CV to John Peasland - email@example.com