You need to have at least 12 months left on your allowance when you apply. If you have less, you'll need to wait until your allowance provider renews your allowance.
If you're 65 or over, you can apply as long as you already receive one of the above allowances and it has at least 12 months left.
You cannot apply to join the Scheme if you receive a lower rate or component of mobility allowance, or Attendance Allowance.
If you have just been awarded Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of PIP and have never had a vehicle on the Scheme, click through to find:
- Information on how the Scheme works to help you decide if it’s right for you
- What other customers have said about the Scheme and the difference it has made to them
If you currently receive DLA and you are waiting for your PIP reassessment, click through to find:
- Information and advice for existing customers
- Some things to think about if you aren’t currently a customer but are considering the Scheme for the first time
you are a customer looking for information about what to do if you are
unsuccessful with your PIP reassessment, click through to find:
- Information on the support package that may be available, including up to £2,000 financial support
- Information and advice on staying mobile after the Motability Scheme